CTE Dual Credit: Earn College Credit - Now!
Pacific NW College Credit is dedicated to helping students get connected to clear, meaningful educational pathways that lead to successful career opportunities. Our consortium is sponsored by a partnership of 14+ School Districts (including more than 50 high schools & 2 skill centers!) and 5 local Colleges. We encourage students to prepare for a successful future by earning college credit in high school in programs of study with career potential.
PNW College Credit offers high school students an opportunity to earn college credit - right at their high school - for Career & Technical Education (CTE) classes through the CTE Dual Credit program ( a nationwide program formerly known as Tech Prep). Students can earn college credit for articulated classes that prepare them for a professional or technical career. According to the Washington Student Achievement Council, students who earn college credit are more likely to graduate high school, enroll in college, and complete a college degree.
CTE Dual Credit recognizes the rigorous and stimulating quality of CTE classes offered in our high schools, rewarding student performance with college credit - an actual transcript from our partner college. The program allows students to start earning college credit towards professional or technical degree programs available right here in our area, without additional effort or time, never leaving their school campus!
Students who register their eligible class(es) with our program may earn both high school and college credit for completing the class(es) with a grade of “B” (3.0) or better. College credit earned is for actual college courses currently offered at the awarding college that are part of an established program of study, that leads to a college degree/career. PNWCC CTE Dual Credit students are transcribed by our partner colleges as if they took the course at the college - during the summer quarter immediately following the school year in which they complete the high school class. More program details here.
Benefits of CTE Dual Credit ~ for All Students!
- CTE Dual Credit - Benefits for Students:
- Save time & tuition dollars by getting a head start on fulfilling college degree or certificate requirements
- Earn College Credit for high school classes that lead to careers and programs of study with opportunities beyond high school
- Learn skills to be productive & successful in the world of work with a college transcript as proof of your success!
- May qualify you for more scholarships
- May increase the value of your college or job applications
- May potentially save students & their families substantial time, money, or both!