Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

Students in headphones work on projects in the computer lab.

What is CTE Dual Credit?

CTE (Career and Technical Education) Dual Credit, is the nationwide program formerly known as Tech Prep. CTE Dual Credit allows high school students to earn high school and college credit at the same time (Dual Credit) for successfully completing certain Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses at the high school or skill center.

CTE Dual Credit classes are taught at the high school or skills center and integrate academics with technical and real-world skills that help prepare students for advanced education and careers in countless professional-technical occupations.

All CTE Dual Credit courses offer both high school and college credit for successfully completing the same class. The courses are taught at the high school but are also part of a program of study at the awarding college and can provide a clear career pathway for students who choose to continue in that field.

Which classes qualify for CTE Dual Credit?

Classes that are available at your high school or skill center are indicated in the course catalog, on the class syllabus, on the STUDENTS page of the website, and on the SERS website. The career specialist at your high school or staff in the Career & College Readiness department at your school district can assist you in determining what classes are available.

What is SERS?

SERS (Statewide Enrollment and Reporting System) is the official CTE Dual Credit registration site for Washington state and includes:

  • Registration login for CTE Dual Credit students, staff, teachers, consortium members, district staff, and college registrars.
  • Search tool to find CTE Dual Credit articulations by a school district, high school, college, or career clusters.

Is there an age requirement to earn credit through CTE Dual Credit?

CTE Dual Credit classes are a part of your district’s regular Career and Technical Education (CTE) classes. You are eligible to begin earning credit anytime between ninth and twelfth grade and enroll in an eligible CTE course.

How many college credits can I earn?

There is no “official” limit on the number of credits that a student can earn in CTE Dual Credits – that is usually determined by the college.

How do I register for the first time?

See our Register page for step-by-step instructions and a link to the online registration system or view our registration instructions video!

How do I pay?

You can pay your non-refundable payment of $50 either online with a credit or debit card or by mail with a check or money order.

Please register for your class before making payment!

  • Credit Card:  Online payment website: in a new window
    • You will need your SERS ID number to pay online
  • Check or Money Order: Please make your $50.00 check or money order payable to PNW College Credit and mail to address below
    • Include your full name, high school, and SERS ID number
    • Mailing Address
      • PNW College Credit 
        3000 Landerholm Circle SE, MS N215
        Bellevue, WA 98007

Do I have to pay for each class?

No, students pay only one $50 consortium fee per school year. Your $50 covers ALL classes during the current school year.

  • regardless of the number of classes you are requesting credit for
  • regardless of the number of credits you are earning
  • regardless of the number of colleges you are expecting credit from

The fee is NON-REFUNDABLE!!! 

We apologize but we are not able to refund your payments due to being charged by the credit card company for every transaction (in & out).

Your fee will NOT be refunded for:

  • failure to make the required grade
  • withdrawal from class
  • overpayment
  • any other reason

How do I find my SERS ID number?

Your SERS ID number is assigned to you when you create an account in the Student Enrollment and Reporting System -

You can find your SERS ID by logging back into SERS and clicking “view/update profile” to view your profile page. Your SERS ID # will be just above your mailing address

You can also find your SERS ID #:

  • on the confirmation email that was sent to you after creating an account
  • on the confirmation email that was sent to you when you registered for your class(es)

I accidentally registered for the wrong class. How can I change it?

Please don’t re-register! E-mail our office & we will delete the class for you.

I can't remember how to log in to my SERS account?

If you don’t remember your SERS ID # or User Name; there is a "Forgot login" option under the log-in boxes that will email you your login information to the email address you provided when creating your account.

If you cannot recover your login information via email, please contact our office by emailing:

In your email be sure to include your:

  • full name
  • date of birth
  • current email address
  • high school

We will reset your account for you.

Can I make changes to my student profile?

Yes, simply login to the online registration system and click "View/Edit Student Profile." From here you can update your address, email address, phone number, etc.

Can I get credit for my class from multiple colleges at the same time?

No. When a CTE Dual Credit class is available for credit at more than one college, you must choose which college you would like to receive credit from.

You cannot receive credit for the same class at two colleges.

I took CTE Dual Credit classes last year but didn't register for credit. Can I register now to receive the credit?

Not always. You must register for the PNW College Credit program during the same school year that you are enrolled in the qualifying class.

Exceptions sometimes apply for classes that are two or more semesters and taken during separate school years.

Please email us your individual questions. You will be charged a $15 late fee per year for prior year credit.

Will my credits transfer to any college?

Credits will transfer within the Washington State community/technical college system. Transferability of credit to four-year colleges depends on the receiving institution. Many students have had their credit accepted at other colleges in Washington as well as out of state; however, there is no guarantee. You may be able to use the credits as electives or to satisfy a prerequisite.

What is the difference between an “official” and an “unofficial” transcript?

An official transcript comes in a sealed envelope and is what you will send to the college that you decide to attend. Once the seal is broken, it becomes an unofficial transcript.

An unofficial transcript can be accessed online with your SID and PIN. It is a true accurate copy of your transcript available for you to refer to as needed. We recommend that you keep a printed copy for your own records.

What do I do when I am ready to enroll as a college student?

If you are planning to attend the college that has awarded you credit through the CTE Dual Credit program, your credit will already be available for use at that college.

If you are planning to transfer your credits to a different college or university you will need to request an official copy of your transcript(s) from the college(s) awarding you the credit to be sent to the institution you are enrolled in. They will review these credits as ‘transfer credits’.

You may also need to enter the college course name and number on your college application. Information about your college credits can be found on your college transcript and also in SERS on your registration history.

If you need help accessing this information, please email us at or leave us a voicemail at 425-564-6060.